Wednesday, March 18, 2015

21%

I recently found out that we breath air that is 21% oxygen (I should have paid better attention in science class)! Since Matilda was born we have heard 21%  that has been our goal since she was born. It's crazy to think that one of Matildas milestones was to actually breath on her own. I'm happy to say since Monday officially miss Matilda has accomplished this milestone! Her oxygen cannula was taken off on Monday! I am just amazed at what our little Matilda can do! Feeding wise she is keeping down the majority of her bottles. She is now taking an ounce at the moment and the doctors up it everyday. So we are moving in the right direction. She still breathes pretty heavy as she is getting use to life without a cannula. She even pulled out her feeding tube on Monday night..........So they haven't had to put it back in. I think this was her way of saying she is done with tubes in the facial region!! So our next goal is to get the pick line out of her foot where the supplements she is on feed into it. So she just needs to keep everything down!
I know I mention this every time but we are so in love with our little girl. She is more aware now, looking around at things. And it's terrible but I love her little cry, we didn't get to hear that cry for 14 days. And I just love how it sounds like a little girls cry. It actually doesn't do her justice because she is so strong you would think she would roar like a lion. And I must say that the NICU has become such a peaceful place for us filled with such comfort and hope. Matilda has 3 other roommates, one baby that has been there since day one and two others that joined a week later. So it's nice to talk to other parents in there it's like a little support group!
Well that's all I have to report for now! Paul, Freddie and I are doing well! We keep showing pictures of Matilda to Freddie but he is still very unaware that his world is about to be turned upside down! But I know he will be just as in love with her as we are.............or he may throw things at her! Either way looking forward to being a family of four!
Thanks again for love and support please keep them coming!!
Love,
The Crowe's

                                          nonnie holding her first granddaughter






No comments:

Post a Comment