Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Battle

I have to say this has been the hardest week of our lives. I can remember being in college and dreading that midterm that I had to do later that week. I would get so anxious at the thought of taking it! I think I would take 20 midterms just to know Matilda had a guarantee that she wouldn't have to fight so hard at the beginning of her life......just to live. Paul and I have been doing everything we need to go to appts, get care ready for our dear Freddie. Which without this would be so much harder. I really feel for parents that their first child has CDH. At least we have Freddie to snuggle with even if his favorite word is No. No new updates to report as I am sitting in the fetal care center as I await my weekly sonogram. I guess we are all just getting ready for the fight up ahead. I went to the NICU on Friday which I came back in tears as I just didn't know if I had the strength to be in there. But I know Matilda will be strong for us so we must be strong for her. She is still so active inside, literally kicking me so hard I jumped in pain! So I guess as we go into this fight I know we have so much support from families, friends and even strangers that heard about little Matilda. In every big gameday you wear a color to support that team, so I ask if everyone can wear something pink or purple (don't know what her color is yet). And if you like send us a photo to my email. We are absolutely scared of the unknown and hope for the best. But we have appreciated everyone's support. Matilda is already so spoiled with love. We feel so lucky to just be her parents. Thursday at 7:30am is when Matilda will be arriving. Will keep you all posted on this long journey ahead. lots of love, the Crowes

No comments:

Post a Comment